Rucksack Bags – Rucksack Backpack – The Travel Partner
When we travel the only thing that accompanies us throughout the trip is our luggage bag. I have traveled a lot and still continuing and my companion is a rucksack. I have a rucksack that accompanied me in every journey till now but I have realized that I really need a much better, user friendly rucksack that is much more comfortable than the present one I have. Many of us think that a rucksack is a trekking gear and it is carried by trekkers only but that is not the case. Any traveler can take a rucksack as a backpack and set out comfortably. I guess you would go with me when I say a rucksack is the best travel bag and much comfortable than trolley bags, suitcases, briefcases or any other luggage bags. I have ordered my new Rucksack backpack and it is ready. I am buying this travel bag from UBAC, one of the offline trekking gear stores in Kolkata. One can get all kinds of trekking equipments or mountaineering equipments there in UBAC.
Essentials of a travel bag:
- The travel bag is comfortable in carrying
- It has to be a smart, good looking travel bag
- It must fit in spaces like luggage boxes, below berths in trains, bunkers, in vehicle carriers etc.
- The travel bag can be shifted easily and easy to carry
- Must have a longevity – Strong and have a long life
- Must possess facilities like: good number of pockets, friendly zippers, lock system etc.
As a traveler we all look after the above stated criterions while choosing our luggage bag and so when you consider all these things, the only option available to you is choosing a Rucksack as your backpack or luggage bag. Travelers who have already used Rucksacks would say a Rucksack is the best Travel bag.
Rucksack Backpack Facilities & Features
In addition, a Rucksack has the following facilities/features:
- Expansion section – The size of the bag can be reduced or extended
- Metal sheets – A Rucksack has aluminum sheets that carry the weight
- Rucksack cover – You can cover the exposed part of your rucksack that would help you keeping the bag clean
Padded Hip Belt – When the total weight of the bag increases, a percentage of the total load is carried on hips. Padded hip belts help a lot.
- Double compartments – Total area is segmented into two compartments.
Adjustable carrying system – One can adjust the distance between shoulder straps and hip belts. One can adjust this according to his height.
- Hand rest loops – Loops are there on the front side of the shoulder straps which allow you to rest your hand while walking.
Air flow back system – Strong Aluminum tensioned sheets creates a space between the back of the user and the rucksack which helps to keep the user’s back cool and free from perspiration.
- Compression straps – These helps the rucksack to be compressed with the body of the user and makes it comfortable.
Attachments- There are loops at the base of the rucksack which facilitates you carrying a sleeping bag, mattress etc. fixed to the bag. And there are many….
Buy Rucksack Bags – Rucksack Backpacks
How do we purchase a rucksack?
There are two options:
Offline Rucksack backpack Stores in Kolkata:
You can visit an offline store, select your type and buy it offline. There are many trekking gear stores or trekking equipment shops or outlets in Kolkata. Stores like Ubac, Alpine, Cliffline, Ria Mount Support, Chakra Equipments, Idris etc. are the best offline trekking gear stores in Kolkata. You can visit my other post on Trekking gears and equipments in Kolkata where I have already mentioned all details like addresses, contact details etc. of the stores.
Advantages of buying travel bags offline:
- You can touch, examine and take your decision
- If you have any doubt or query, you can confirm it from the store keeper
- These store keepers are themselves trekkers and would give you enough knowledge on trekking and traveling
- If you are not willing to buy a rucksack, you can hire it on per day basis.
- You get all other trekking gears or travel requirements here along with the rucksack.
- Consumes a lot of time
- Harassment of traveling
- If you want to change, you have to revisit the store again.
Online Rucksack backpack stores in Kolkata:
There are a few shopping portals or online stores where you find good quality rucksacks online. After analyzing a lot, I would refer sites like Flipkart.com, Bagskart.com, Junglee.com and Wildcraft.in. They have a wide variety of rucksacks you can chose online and place your order.
Advantages of buying rucksack from an online store:
- Saves your time – The product is just a click away
- No harassment of traveling to the store
- Discounts are available online
- There is a chance that you grab a discount coupon for a portal and that would reduce your price further
- You can chose from a wide variety and compare with other rucksacks available on other shopping portals or online rucksack stores
If you don’t like the product on arrival, you can change it by placing your requirement online – Most of the portals provide this facility. Check it before you buy.
- You can’t touch, examine and buy – You have to rely on your eyes
Rucksack Backpack Packing
A Rucksack is divided into three compartments (3 sections)
Items that may be required quickly or suddenly must be kept at the top portion (1st compartment). Some examples are: Camera, waterproofs etc.
Heavy items must be kept in the middle compartment of the rucksack (2nd compartment). Some examples are: Cloths, Tent pegs etc.
Items not required during the day must be kept in the third compartment, i.e. at the bottom of the rucksack. (3rd compartment). Some examples are: Sleeping bags, blankets etc.
For more updates from TravelDias stay tuned to the Travel Updates, Travel Chit Chat and Travel News section. You can also contact me for any details or if you have any doubt or query.
Keep traveling, keep smiling. 🙂
16 thoughts on “Rucksack Backpack – The Best Travel Bag”
I can so relate to this. I bought one recently and its from American Tourister.
Thanks Pritika for your feedback. It is really encouraging getting comments on posts.
Excellent post Abhijit! Great for use as a resource for when trekking.
Informative and sensible posts!
i have a field trip on 17th february..if i place a order in alpine store,,will i be able to get delivery within that date???pls reply ASAP,,how long do they take for delivery???
I apologize that I couldn’t get back to you earlier on time. Alpine is good with delivery. They are now one of the best trekking gear/ equipment seller in Kolkata. Let me know what you bought and if you got he delivery on time. Will be waiting for your review.
Your blog was very helpful and informative. I was checking out a backpack off late but I am not sure if it would be worth the purchase. It would be great if you could help me out on it. I have attached the link of the website below:
Do you think this bag would be suitable for carrying heavy stuffs as well and if its waterproof?
Thanks for the appreciation. I don’t think you should buy a rucksack online. It is better you check and then buy when it meets your requirement. The link you have shared shows the rucksack costing only Rs 1800 whereas a rucksack of 75 L should cost above Rs 3,000. So I really doubt the quality. If you are from Kolkata, you can buy from Ubac or Alpine. I have bought rucksacks from both stores and I feel Alpine 360 Degree is best. Mr. Barundeb is the owner, if you visit his place let him know that I have referred you. Hopefully you will get best price. For more details call on my number. We can surely have a talk. You can get my number on my Facebook page.
I will go to Sandakphu in the month of April’18. I will stay in Manebhanjan, Tonglu, Kalipokhri, Sandakphu and Srikhola. So, total 5 nights. So, can you tell me how many liters rucksuck is required for me?
Apologize that I couldn’t manage to reply earlier. I was busy with some stuff. I hope you understand that it is so difficult for me to check and respond to each query. I think it is better if we speak. Please call me on my mobile after 9 pm any day. I can surely help you with all details.
I buy for adventure
Please suggest best rucksack for 18 days trip to Chardham India within 2500 rupees.
Hello! Let me convey my sincere apologies for not responding earlier. Wish I could help you with details for the rucksack or travel bag you need.
Stay in touch. Let’s connect.
Connect on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/TravelDias
Follow on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/abhijit_travel_dias/